Thursday, January 31, 2008

MOPS

Because I don't know that many people here yet, I have been trying to meet people and make friends in ways that in the past I would not have done. (I usually just met people thru work). I started a Meetup group for scrap booking in Shreveport on Meetup.com, and have already met two very nice ladies (one in person, one thru email). For Christmas, JJ's mom gave me a Mom's Devotional Bible. In the front of it was information on a group called MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). About a week later, my friend Meg told me about her MOPS group in Austin. Having come across this twice in a week, I thought I would look into it. There were several groups here in Shreveport, so I chose the one that I had an idea of where it was. I went to my first meeting on Monday morning, and I had a great time! When you arrive, you drop your kids off in their group, and you get 2 hours without baby with other moms! They have guest speakers, arts & crafts, food, and adult conversation! Everybody was very welcoming and friendly and it was very easy to find things to talk about. I was really excited when I got home because I was kind of nervous about going. As I said, I don't usually do things like this by myself. They meet twice a month. I had so much fun, and can't wait to go again! 



1 comment:

~kristi said...

yeah, we have a MOPS here in RR, I thought about it doing it more than once, but could never get it to fit in the schedule. I am so glad you are branching out!! I miss you guys and love seeing pics of my J.B.:)