Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Catching Up

Yep, I've been working constantly, that would explain the lack of blog posts. I hate it because I miss my blog posts as much as  you guys miss reading them.

As had most of south Texas, we have had an extremely hot summer. But, because of the extreme drought we have not been able to enjoy all the usual hill country summer activities. We only made it to the river once all summer before it became too contaminated to swim in. This also means no fishing. And there is a major burn ban and watering restrictions in effect all summer, so all of these things combined = no camping this summer and no fun in the sprinkler either. :-P    No fun......

James had a wonderful 4th birthday with a pirate theme. We filled up the pool for the kiddos to stay cool. Daddy made him a treasure hunt complete with a map and clues hidden around the yard.  And, the treasure at the end was the treasure chest pinata, James' first pinata...they loved it!

The kids experienced their first rodeo and dance this summer...But Aunty Moozer has those pictures.

JJ started his new job last week, so far so good!

I finally found out yesterday that I have been accepted into HEB's SORM (school of retail management) Program. 7 weeks of training and classes in San Antonio, and then I should be a Central Checkout Manager for HEB.


We had Aunt Moozer's baby shower this past Saturday, I will try to get those pictures posted later today. It was a great turnout and she got lots of good loot! Only about a month left to go before we meet Baby Cassie.


I am sure there is more, but for the most part, that is our summer in a nutshell. Working and trying to keep these kiddos cool!



No comments: