Monday, February 28, 2011

The accident

This afternoon I started my shift at HEB at 4pm. At 4:30 my mother called me while I was on the checkstand (never a good thing to be allowed a phone call on a checkstand!!) to tell me that JJ and the kids had been in a car accident. She said they were ok but I needed to come immediately. My boss drove me to the scene and thankfully my sister Amber had warned me ahead of time that it looked worse than it was. JJ had just picked the kids up from Amber's house and was driving on their mile long dirt road. Just before they got to the highway JJ lost control of the car coming around a turn. They drove up a cedar tree and when the car finally stopped accelerating rolled over onto the roof. JJ was able to get out of the car by himself and get both kids free of their car seats. Randi does not have a scratch on her anywhere. James has only a minor scratch and some bruising on his shoulder and neck from his seatbelt (he rides in a booster seat with the shoulder strap seat belt) and JJ only has a sprained neck. The guys at the scene allowed us to follow behind the ambulance that JJ was in so that we didn't have to freak the kids out more than they already were to be checked out at the hospital. I can only say that I could not be more thankful that James and Randi were both safely strapped in and that both car seats performed the way they were intended to and that JJ had his seatbelt on too. Thank You God for keeping my family safe today and that the only major damage was made to the car. Thank you God!

3 comments:

~kristi said...

Oh my goodness, yes thankful for angels! I cannot imagine that phone call.

Mariann said...

Oh wow. I am thankful, too, that your family is ok, Aimee. I can't even imagine what you were feeling. goosebumps.

Adriane said...

Yikes, Aimee. I am so glad that they are all ok.