Saturday, May 24, 2008

Mudbug Madness!

Every year Shreveport hosts Mudbug Madness, a festival that was originally started to prove to those in South Louisiana, that Shreveport is just as cajun as the south is. (Shreveport is considered to be part of Texas). Anyway, we went for a few hours Friday afternoon before it got too busy, and we had a great time.

I really liked this first picture of James, and if you knew JJ or myself as babies, you would know that he gets his curls honestly. If you look closely, you can see what is left of his first shiner under his right eye, where he had a meeting with the coffee table. 

James liked his Mudbug hat, but mainly because it was soft foam and it felt good on his gums. Notice that Poppy is holding his hands to keep him from pulling it off his head so I could take a picture. 


Memorial Day weekend has always been very important to JJ & I. We met four years ago at a Crawfish Boil on Memorial Day that our dear friend Ashley Parker was hosting. So, going to Mudbug Madness was a very fun way for us to spend the day together and celebrate all that we have gained since we met!



James got his fingerprints done by the sheriff's department...and then he cut a rug with Mimi to the great live band! Notice how much fewer clothes he has from one picture to the next, needless to say the little guy was hot. 

4 comments:

Aunt Moozer said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Congrats on knowing each other for 4 years. I love you guys!!!

~kristi said...

looks fun (and hot)! great memories!

Anonymous said...

You guys are SOOO cute!! I miss you so much. I can't believe how big James is getting. He is just adorable! Love you and miss you. XOXOXO

Sam, Amber, and Kaycee said...

I wish I was there. It looks like yall had a ball. I love the pictures! Even the one with James' shinner. Kaycee likes them too. Evertime I check the blog she points out James and says "There's James". It's cute. Give kisses to James for me.
Love
Amber